Sunday, November 14, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
The Pixie Cottage Images are digi images. But the Magnolia Pumpkin is a stamp. I colored the background using various shades of blue stamp pads and a make up sponge. The sewing was done with my cute new little purple Pixie Sewing Machine by Singer. The swirly die cuts are from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. Prima flowers and buttons from my stash were also used. The ribbons were also from my stash also. The decorative paper is from Making Memories.
It came first from my buddy Joyce aka "Joynana" . Her blog is Love That Paper. Joyce and I met just a year ago in Hobby Lobby of all places. LOL. and have been friends ever since. She started her blog shortly after and has passed me up in followers. She is a very talented lady.
Then there is my friend Brenda aka Benzi. I met Brenda over at Splitcoast Stampers. She is very well know over there with all of her beautiful cards. She is also the queen of challenges at Splitcoast. Brenda's blog is Benzi Stampz.
I hope you can find time to visit both of these wonderful ladies.
OK as tradition goes with this award I have to tell you 7 things you may not know about me...
1. I AM GOING TO BE A GRAMMOMMY! My daughter is 5 months pregnant and we are going to find out if she is going to have a boy or girl TODAY! This will be my first grandchild.
2. I have a little dog called "Zoe". That I am crazy about. She is very spoiled. Zoe is part Shih Tzu and part poodle. I love animals. Especially dachshunds. I had two that lived to be 16 years old.
3. I love coffee!!!!!!!!!!!! Having Carmel Lattes with my son is an extra treat. I also love ice cream and really can put it away! Chocolate too!
4. I collect "Ziggy" Stamps from the artist Tom Wilson that was put out by Stampendous in the 80's. I also have collected a few coffee mugs with Ziggy on them. (Someday I will take a picture of all of my Ziggy Stamps. I am slowly using them.)
5. I am very sentimental. I have under the bed boxes that I have saved all kinds of things that were from my kids growing up.
6. I first was going to make scrapbooks for my grown children. I took over a year organizing photos. I then started searching for ideas on the Internet. Found Splitcoast. Tried rubber stamping and that was it! The addiction began. So far I have one scrapbook page make for each of my two children. The ones I have posted on my blog. With my friend Joyce's encouragement I hope to start working on them real soon!
7. I truly believe in the golden rule you treat others as you would like them to treat you.
A VERY FULL HEARTED THANKS TO MY FRIEND JOYCE AND BRENDA FOR GIVING ME THIS AWARD. YOU BLESSED MY HEART.
WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT FRIENDS?
Speaking of friends Joynana is giving away some blog candy. So you will need to pop over and see what kind of goodies she is giving away. Here blog is HERE.
I am going to pass this award to the following people who have encouraged me, taught me skills, answered numerous question on how to do certain techniques and things. They have been as sweet as can be to me. I would also send them back to Brenda and Joyce but I don't think I am suppose to do that. So instead I will just send them a big ole' hug!
1. Michelle at the Pixie Cottage. Her personal blog is HERE.
2. Katie at the Pixie Cottage. Her personal blog is HERE. Katie has her own challenge blog too. Called "Cooking it up with Katie". You need to check it out if you like to do challenges. It is great! You can find a link on Katie's blog.
Both of these ladies are so sweet. I have enjoyed them both.
3. Risa from the Pixie Cottage she has always had an encouraging word for me. Risa's blog is HERE.
4. Actually I would like to send this award to all of the gals at the Pixie Cottage they are all such sweethearts!
5. My friend Sharon Caudle. I love this girl. What a kind hearted soul. And what amazing talent! Her blog is HERE.
6.I have to give one to Mina. This girl took time to teach me about distress inks and copics. What a sweetie. Her blog is HERE. Her cards are just gorgeous!
7. Last but not least....Janiel. Without Janiel I would of never been introduced to Michelle at the Pixie Cottage. Also Jan's work is stunning, Always original and so beautifully colored. Her work will knock your socks off! Then she is a sweetheart to top it off! Janiels blog is HERE.
I know I could list more sweet bloggers. I have had so many people I have never met offer a hand of friendship to me through blogging. What a wonderful instrument these computers are.
Thanks to all of you who have stopped by to take a peak at my card today. Today is Wednesday. You have made it half way through the week. So hang on!!!!
Have a beautiful day,
Monday, October 18, 2010
The scene behind this adorable bear and his friends was made by using a sizzix leaf die and store bought flowers. How easy is that!! The grass was done with Martha Stewart's grass paper punch.
I really want to thank everyone that has left comments lately. You have blessed my heart! I am a bit behind in my blog visiting. There has been so much "stuff" going on here. I will get by to see you all. Until then. ((Hugs)) and thank you!
And to the Pixie Cottage Gang LUV YA! and thanks for all of the sweet, kind, thoughts and wishes!
Congrats to my dear friend Joynana on her one year Blog anniversary!!!! You can see all of the beautiful cards Joyce has made HERE.