Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Playing with Pixie Digi's

Stopping by to share another Pixie Cottage card with you. This one is also colored with Prismacolor Pencils. This card isn't showing up on the Pixie Cottage blog this week because it really doesn't follow the theme of "Something Sweet". I had this card made for a week and intended to make another one but I am taking care of my mom right now so my card making got kicked to the side for a few days.
Anyways I made this card using Sandra Hammer's Spooky Tree Background and Andrea Seiler's
South End Witch. You my also recognize the Magnolia Pumpkin from Magnolia-lious.
The Pixie Cottage Images are digi images. But the Magnolia Pumpkin is a stamp. I colored the background using various shades of blue stamp pads and a make up sponge. The sewing was done with my cute new little purple Pixie Sewing Machine by Singer. The swirly die cuts are from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. Prima flowers and buttons from my stash were also used. The ribbons were also from my stash also. The decorative paper is from Making Memories.
Be sure to pop over to the Pixie Cottage Challenge Blog to see the challenge they have for you this week. The design team has some wonderful cards to show you also.
This past week I was so honored to receive this award from two dear friends.



It came first from my buddy Joyce aka "Joynana" . Her blog is Love That Paper.
Joyce and I met just a year ago in Hobby Lobby of all places. LOL. and have been friends ever since. She started her blog shortly after and has passed me up in followers. She is a very talented lady.

Then there is my friend Brenda aka Benzi. I met Brenda over at Splitcoast Stampers. She is very well know over there with all of her beautiful cards. She is also the queen of challenges at Splitcoast. Brenda's blog is Benzi Stampz.
I hope you can find time to visit both of these wonderful ladies.

OK as tradition goes with this award I have to tell you 7 things you may not know about me...

1. I AM GOING TO BE A GRAMMOMMY! My daughter is 5 months pregnant and we are going to find out if she is going to have a boy or girl TODAY! This will be my first grandchild.

2. I have a little dog called "Zoe". That I am crazy about. She is very spoiled. Zoe is part Shih Tzu and part poodle. I love animals. Especially dachshunds. I had two that lived to be 16 years old.

3. I love coffee!!!!!!!!!!!! Having Carmel Lattes with my son is an extra treat. I also love ice cream and really can put it away! Chocolate too!

4. I collect "Ziggy" Stamps from the artist Tom Wilson that was put out by Stampendous in the 80's. I also have collected a few coffee mugs with Ziggy on them. (Someday I will take a picture of all of my Ziggy Stamps. I am slowly using them.)

5. I am very sentimental. I have under the bed boxes that I have saved all kinds of things that were from my kids growing up.

6. I first was going to make scrapbooks for my grown children. I took over a year organizing photos. I then started searching for ideas on the Internet. Found Splitcoast. Tried rubber stamping and that was it! The addiction began. So far I have one scrapbook page make for each of my two children. The ones I have posted on my blog. With my friend Joyce's encouragement I hope to start working on them real soon!

7. I truly believe in the golden rule you treat others as you would like them to treat you.

A VERY FULL HEARTED THANKS TO MY FRIEND JOYCE AND BRENDA FOR GIVING ME THIS AWARD. YOU BLESSED MY HEART.

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT FRIENDS?

Speaking of friends Joynana is giving away some blog candy. So you will need to pop over and see what kind of goodies she is giving away. Here blog is HERE.

I am going to pass this award to the following people who have encouraged me, taught me skills, answered numerous question on how to do certain techniques and things. They have been as sweet as can be to me. I would also send them back to Brenda and Joyce but I don't think I am suppose to do that. So instead I will just send them a big ole' hug!

1. Michelle at the Pixie Cottage. Her personal blog is HERE.

2. Katie at the Pixie Cottage. Her personal blog is HERE. Katie has her own challenge blog too. Called "Cooking it up with Katie". You need to check it out if you like to do challenges. It is great! You can find a link on Katie's blog.

Both of these ladies are so sweet. I have enjoyed them both.

3. Risa from the Pixie Cottage she has always had an encouraging word for me. Risa's blog is HERE.

4. Actually I would like to send this award to all of the gals at the Pixie Cottage they are all such sweethearts!

5. My friend Sharon Caudle. I love this girl. What a kind hearted soul. And what amazing talent! Her blog is HERE.

6.I have to give one to Mina. This girl took time to teach me about distress inks and copics. What a sweetie. Her blog is HERE. Her cards are just gorgeous!

7. Last but not least....Janiel. Without Janiel I would of never been introduced to Michelle at the Pixie Cottage. Also Jan's work is stunning, Always original and so beautifully colored. Her work will knock your socks off! Then she is a sweetheart to top it off! Janiels blog is HERE.

I know I could list more sweet bloggers. I have had so many people I have never met offer a hand of friendship to me through blogging. What a wonderful instrument these computers are.

Thanks to all of you who have stopped by to take a peak at my card today. Today is Wednesday. You have made it half way through the week. So hang on!!!!

Have a beautiful day,

Pam

10 comments:

Kristel said...

A gorgeous card Pam! Looks really wonderful!
Hugs Kristel

scrappyjan said...

OH Pam you are the sweetest thing!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all of the kind words!!! Thank you for the award!! You are a TRUE SWEETIE..
Big hugs to you and hope you are doing well...
MAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Janiel

Michelle said...

Ahh Pam that is very sweet of you!Thank you so much.

I love that card you did a fabulous job!

I cannot wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl

Benzi said...

Pam, what a sweetie you are with your kinds words. Love your fabulous card..beautiful work as always.
Ooh, I'm so excited about your news of being a 'soon to be grandmother'. I have three now and they are 3 months, one was 2 in July, and the other is 22 months. What a lot of little ones..and they're sooooo sweet. You are in for fun.
I'm going over to visit Joynana. And, thanks for becoming a follower on my new-ish blog. It's fun!

Risa said...

Hello Pam,
What a sweet and wonderful surprise!
I have been so busy lately and fail to get around visiting the way I would like to. I've been meaning to get around to your blog to thank you for the inspirational Pixie Cottage sketches and the lovely comments that you leave on my blog. Your words are very encouraging to me!
Your card is gorgeous in every way Pam! Your image rocks and your background scene is amazing!
Thank you for the beautiful award, you are too kind!
Big Hugs
Risa:)

Mina said...

sorry Pam but I just got your email...thank you so much that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about meit was a pleasure to help in any way...thank you so much for thinking of me
Mina xxx

Mina said...

oops sorry Pam I got so choked up with the award I forgot to say how fabulous your card was
Mina xxx

Joynana said...

Love the card girl and you know that no matter what. I think that your work is fantastic. Even though I don't see enough of it. Get busy. you are slowing down again.

Davi said...

FAB card Pam. Glad to see you are feeling up to creating. Congrats on gunna be gramma! It is the most wonderful exciting thing in the whole world!! :)

Tanya R said...

What a great card Pam, as usual. But best of all, congratulations on becoming a Grandmother!
Big Hugs
Tanya